Benefits of Membership.
Members are encouraged to take part in the varied activities of the Society. Amongst other things, Members are invited to:
- Attend monthly meetings and talks
- Undertake Member excursions most months
- Receive digital copy of Hobby’s Outreach Newsletter bi-monthly
- Access and borrow from our extensive library
- Research history
- Catalogue documents and artefacts held by the Society
- Help support our IT systems
- Maintain the Society’s buildings and grounds
- Help cater at meetings and open days
- Guide visitors through Tarella on open days
- Plan and conduct excursions
- Serve on the Management Committee and/or in one of its roles
- Or simply join in good fellowship with other members.
New Member Information
The Society’s Hobby’s Reach Research Centre opens every Tuesday and Friday throughout the year from 10am to 2pm, with the exception of a short break over the Christmas/New Year period. During this time members undertake research, maintain the various collections and respond to historical enquiries.
Regular Monthly meetings and talks take place on the first Saturday of each month from February to November. These take place in the Society’s Meeting Room.
Tarella Cottage Museum Open Days take place between 10am and 3pm on the last Sunday of every month except December.
Excursions of historical interest take place most months. These are advertised through news bulletins, the Society newsletter, Hobby’s Outreach, which is published every 2 months and in the Events section of the Society’s website.
Fees are due on the 1st July each year. Individual $30, Family $50, Student (Secondary/Tertiary) $15 Corporate $70.
Members joining late in the year, or early in a new year, may be eligible for a discount covering the period till 1 July.
Download our membership form with volunteer information and pro-rata fee schedule. The Membership form contains advice as to how membership fees may be paid.
Current Member Renewal Information
Renewals are due on the 1st July each year, regardless of joining date.
Individual $30, Family $50, Corporate $70 – for full 12 month period.
Existing members may download our membership renewal form here. Please return this with your payment so we can update any details that may have changed.
Download our Code Of Conduct.